Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Hannah Garcia Disciples to Friend at Minnesota FCA Golf Camp

Hannah Garcia Disciples to Friend at Minnesota FCA Golf Camp

For two summers, Hannah Garcia relished her experience at the Minnesota FCA Golf Camp, which bills itself as one about golf, faith, friendship and fun. She's appreciated the learning and encouragement from PGA professionals and the friendships forged with other campers.

"It’s not only the golf experience — because I love golf — but it’s the spiritual aspect," says Garcia, who will be a junior at Becker High School. "It not only helps people who love golf but also don’t understand the Lord." 

This year, though, Garcia decided to do something different: She invited a friend.

"I was not worried about the golf part," Garcia says, "but I wasn’t sure how she would feel about the spiritual part."

Garcia shared with Gretchen how the people at the camp helped her see golf and faith in different, more meaningful ways. 

Gretchen was "really open-minded," and she thanked Garcia for the invitation, according to Garcia.

"She wrote a letter a few days after," Garcia proudly recalls, "and she said she loved the experience, and she saw how engaged everyone was. 

"It really changed her spiritually. I thought that was amazing."

Garcia says she had a challenging childhood, and she embraces 2 Corinthians 12:10:

 

Garcia says she finds comfort in knowing that God is always there for her.

"When you’re at your lowest point in life, you know that God is there, and that is why you’re strong," she says. "To make you feel you’re still on top, it feels amazing.

"When I first stumbled across (the verse), it was life changing."

Garcia got her first set of golf clubs -- a hot pink set, she says -- when she was seven years old. She loves the sport, and she was an honorable mention for the St. Cloud Times Player of the Year award. 

She didn't grow up attending church, but golf camp has provided her a foundation in faith.

"With the help of everyone at camp, I felt safe to ask how to grow in my faith," Garcia says. "I have a new perspective in faith and golf."

Naturally, Garcia has a goal already for next year's Minnesota FCA Golf Camp.

"I want to bring even more people," she says.

39 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
Hi to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this website; this webpage carries awesome and truly fine information for readers.

Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 7:06 AM

2. wrote:
I just couldn't depart your web site before suggesting that I extremely
loved the standard information a person provide to
your guests? Is gonna be again ceaselessly in order to check out
new posts

Sun, October 7, 2018 @ 5:23 AM

3. wrote:
Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could I
am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal way?
I've a mission that I'm just now running on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

Tue, October 9, 2018 @ 9:41 PM

4. wrote:
whoah this blog is magnificent i like studying your articles.
Stay up the good work! You realize, a lot of people are searching around for this information,
you can aid them greatly.

Thu, October 11, 2018 @ 5:23 AM

5. wrote:
Very nice article. I certainly appreciate this website.

Stick with it!

Fri, October 19, 2018 @ 8:59 AM

6. wrote:
Good post. I absolutely love this site. Keep writing!

Sun, November 4, 2018 @ 1:50 AM

7. wrote:
I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?
A few of my blog readers have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.
Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

Mon, November 12, 2018 @ 2:25 AM

8. wrote:
Wow, this article is good, my younger sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going to inform her.

Tue, November 13, 2018 @ 2:40 PM

9. wrote:
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I
could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like
this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look
forward to your new updates.

Sat, November 17, 2018 @ 5:27 AM

10. wrote:
With havin so much content do you ever run into any
problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?

My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either authored myself or
outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help stop content from being stolen? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Mon, November 19, 2018 @ 8:35 AM

11. wrote:
I pay a quick visit everyday some sites and websites to read
articles, except this web site gives quality based content.

Thu, December 6, 2018 @ 5:16 AM

12. wrote:
Great weblog here! Also your website rather a lot
up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your associate hyperlink in your
host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Thu, December 6, 2018 @ 7:44 AM

13. wrote:
It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this web site, i am browsing this website
dailly and obtain good information from here every day.

Tue, April 9, 2019 @ 12:58 AM

14. wrote:
Right here is the perfect web site for anyone who wants to find out about this topic.
You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic that has been discussed
for decades. Excellent stuff, just great!

Mon, June 17, 2019 @ 1:15 AM

15. wrote:
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody?
This post posted at this web page is actually good.

Fri, July 19, 2019 @ 8:18 AM

16. wrote:
Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Wed, July 31, 2019 @ 4:31 AM

17. wrote:
I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
A handful of my blog readers have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.

Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?

Thu, August 1, 2019 @ 2:50 AM

18. wrote:
Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
are you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had
issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform.
I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Sat, September 7, 2019 @ 7:30 AM

19. wrote:
Hi, I do think this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going
to come back yet again since i have bookmarked
it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide
other people.

Sat, September 21, 2019 @ 8:42 AM

20. wrote:
I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody
else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as though some
of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know
if this is happening to them too? This might be a issue with my browser because I've had
this happen before. Cheers

Sat, September 21, 2019 @ 10:35 AM

21. wrote:
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?

Tue, September 24, 2019 @ 3:38 AM

22. wrote:
Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This is a really neatly written article.

I will be sure to bookmark it and come back
to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for
the post. I will definitely comeback.

Mon, September 30, 2019 @ 1:15 PM

23. wrote:
You can definitely see your expertise within the work you write.
The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say
how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

Wed, October 23, 2019 @ 7:50 AM

24. wrote:
Excellent post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more
on this topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Thanks!

Sat, October 26, 2019 @ 5:21 AM

25. wrote:
Hi there to all, it's in fact a nice for me to pay a quick visit this site,
it contains helpful Information.

Tue, October 29, 2019 @ 5:15 AM

26. wrote:
This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Cheers!

Tue, November 5, 2019 @ 2:49 PM

27. wrote:
I blog frequently and I really appreciate your content.
Your article has truly peaked my interest. I'm going to book mark
your blog and keep checking for new details about once
a week. I opted in for your RSS feed too.

Thu, November 21, 2019 @ 6:27 AM

28. wrote:
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for best cbd
oil for pain

Mon, November 25, 2019 @ 2:15 PM

29. wrote:
Tremendous things here. I am very happy to look your post.
Thank you a lot and I am having a look ahead to touch you.
Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Tue, November 26, 2019 @ 12:07 AM

30. wrote:
Hey! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to
him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Tue, November 26, 2019 @ 10:54 PM

31. wrote:
Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with?

I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time
deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most
blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

Thu, November 28, 2019 @ 11:38 PM

32. wrote:
Hi, of course this paragraph is truly nice and I have learned lot
of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

Fri, November 29, 2019 @ 7:58 PM

33. wrote:
I blog quite often and I seriously thank you for your information. This great
article has really peaked my interest. I'm going to bookmark
your site and keep checking for new details about
once a week. I opted in for your Feed too.

Fri, November 29, 2019 @ 9:13 PM

34. wrote:
If some one wishes to be updated with hottest technologies therefore he must be go to see this web page and be up to date all the
time.

Wed, December 25, 2019 @ 11:30 AM

35. wrote:
Saved as a favorite, I like your website!

Fri, December 27, 2019 @ 10:14 PM

36. Download Alexa App, Echo App Setup Download, Echo Dot Setup, Echo Plus Setup wrote:
Well, I must say it is one of the best artilce your porivded. I can easily setup my device quicly with your support.
Thanks Guys.

Fri, January 3, 2020 @ 5:11 AM

37. wrote:
Hi friends, nice article and pleasant arguments commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.

Tue, January 7, 2020 @ 8:56 PM

38. wrote:
I read this paragraph completely concerning the difference of hottest and earlier technologies,
it's awesome article.

Fri, January 17, 2020 @ 5:43 PM

39. wrote:
Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sun, January 19, 2020 @ 2:49 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

Story Archive